Tell us about your concern

You may have concerns about the misuse or abuse of an incapable adult's funds, for example, where it appears they are not being used for their benefit to meet their needs or in line with their wishes.

Referral forms

You can use our referral form to tell us about your concerns. To help us investigate it is important that you provide an explanation of why you think the adult's property and/or financial affairs appear to be at risk.

 It will assist us if you provide as much information and evidence as you can to support your concerns.

If you are looking for more information about investigations you may find our ‘Guide to Investigations’ leaflet helpful.

If you are unsure about the situation, you can telephone us and speak in confidence with a member of the investigations team or email us at

Are investigations confidential?

All information and evidence ingathered during an investigation will remain confidential and will not be disclosed to anyone except where we are required to do so by law. We will not disclose the source of the concern, all information received by us is used only to come to a view as to whether or not there is risk to an adult’s property or financial affairs.

While we appreciate that the person who has been complained about might feel upset, possibly angry and apprehensive about a concern being raised, we will not disclose who made the complaint about them if they ask.